Statistics on cereals purchased, used and stockpiled by industry and trade
During the crop year 1 July 2015 to 30 June 2016:
- Industry and traders purchased a total of 2.0 billion kilos of cereals and 66 million kilos of rape and turnip rape from farms.
- The amounts purchased from farms included 740 million kilos of barley, 630 million kilos of wheat, 550 million kilos of oats and 90 million kilos of rye.
- A total of 1.4 billion kilos of Finnish and imported cereals were used by relevant industries.
- 640 million kilos of cereals were used for animal feed production and 420 million kilos for food production. 310 million kilos were used for other industrial production.
At the end of June 2016:
- Trade and industry stocks contained a combined total of 550 million kilos of cereals and a combined total of 15 million kilos of rape and turnip rape.
- The cereal stocks contained 220 million kilos of barley, 140 million kilos of wheat, 130 million kilos of oats and 66 million kilos of rye.
Cereals purchased from farms quarterly
food industry trade oats malting barley barley rape feed barley feed industry rye wheat